Age: 43 PB: 52lb
Simon is an expert in carp behaviour and physiology and lectures in fishery management at Sparsholt College. His knowledge gives him an unrivalled understanding of carp and the world in which they live. In turn, this helps him devise cunning ways to trap them.
He has targeted and caught carp from a range of historic and prestigious venues, including Yateley Car Park Lake and Wraysbury No1, from which he banked fish such as Chunky and Mary respectively. Mary is his current PB at 52lb - a capture that meant an awful lot to Simon.
His preferred method is stalking in the edge. If possible Simon likes to see the target fish take his bait. He shouldn't be pigeon-holed though, because he will happily fish out in the pond if he finds fish there.
His experience and knowledge make him an invaluable member of the Korda team of consultants. You can see his work in a few of the monthly magazines, as well as right here, on the website.
- A chunky-looking, old specimen
- A French chap popped by
- Back she goes
- A cold-water corker
- Mr angry
- Old, dark and flipping long
- One in the net before breakfast
- A mid-twenty common
- I love those moody, winter evenings
- A cracker in the Cotswolds.
- Big, old specimen on the grub
- Something I take pride in
- Big, big fish
- Big pit breeze
- Bite time
- Male mirror enjoying the sun
- An absolute belter
- Watching you!
- A fat chap dropped by
- A mid-twenty caught from a regularly baited spot
- A frosty dawn
- I love fishing for carp in clear water
- A margin-caught cracker
- Nelly, my border terrier
- Winter equals high pressure
- Stalked from within feet of the bank
- A new lake record