FLOATER FISHING TIPS: STEP 1
Dog or cat biscuits are cheap and effective for surface fishing.
FLOATER FISHING TIPS: STEP 2
Hook choice is vital. The Mixa pattern has a super wide gape, and is very light.
FLOATER FISHING TIPS: STEP 3
Floating braid or Kruiser Control mono are great choices for reel lines.
FLOATER FISHING TIPS: STEP 4
When it comes to hook links, fish as light as weed or snags allow.
FLOATER FISHING TIPS: STEP 5
Use inline floats for range, and skittle-type floats for close-in work.
FLOATER FISHING TIPS: STEP 6
Whatever bait you choose, be it pellets or biscuits, soak it in a little Raspberry Plume!
FLOATER FISHING TIPS: STEP 7
It can be vital to keep the hook link on the surface - Vaseline can help, when rubbed onto the line.
FLOATER FISHING TIPS: STEP 8
If possible, watch your hook bait, not just the float. When it disappears, strike!
FLOATER FISHING TIPS: STEP 9
Try rubber mixers as hook baits, they never need replacing and are very effective.
FLOATER FISHING TIPS: STEP 10
You'll need to pack a spot and a 'pult to cover all eventualities. The fish may be close, or holding at range.
Floater Fishing Tips Mechanics
Floater fishing can be the most effective way to catch carp, for four or five months of the year! We've all experienced the dread of realising that you've left the floater kit at home and the fish are all over the surface!
It's a simple discipline, yet one that so many carpers find tough to master. Hopefully, these tips that we shot with rising star, Oscar Thornton, will help you along the way to surface success!
- Deeper Pro Plus Onshore GPS mapping with Korda Koach Learn how to GPS map your lake with Korda Koach Rob Burgess 9614 Views
- Elliott Gray shares tips on how to get more action on top! New Interceptor Floats Out Soon! 35405 Views
- Darrell Peck and Elliott Gray go head to head! Who will come out on top? 56674 Views
- Floater Fishing Tips
- Dave Levy gives a masterclass on catching them off the top!
- Mastering Maggots
- Scotty's Stoneacres Diary
- Making the most of the new range of Goo’s.
- Billy and Jamie - Live!
- Cold-Water Carping - Dave Levy
- Spring fishing with Marc Cav