WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 1
These are the components that you need to tie the rig.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 2
Pull off 16 inches of N-Trap Soft, strip back six inches and tie a hair loop in the end.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 3
Thread your pop-up hook bait onto the loop.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 4
Now thread your chosen hook on.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 5
Position it close to the bait.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 6
Now whip it in place, using the knotless knot.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 7
Note how short the flexible hair is kept.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 8
The unstripped section should start just above the eye, on the knot iself.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 9
Cut 1.75in of shrink tubing.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 10
Push it up so that it covers the knotless knot.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 11
Steam the rig and set this curve into the shrink tubing as it cools.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 12
Strip a 1cm section of coating immediately below the tubing.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 13
Pinch a split shot onto the coated section.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 14
Now mould some Dark Matter putty around the shot.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 15
Tie a Link Loop to the coated end of the link, using a five-turn grinner knot.
WITHY POOL RIG: STEP 16
That's the finished Withy Pool rig.
- Ed Betteridge's IQ2 D-Rig.
- Jamie Londors Multi-Rig
- Joe Stephens's Hinge Stiff Rig
- Over depth zig rig
- Elliott's Hinge Rig
- Darrell's Simple Set-Up
- Spooner's Autumn Rig
- The LSX Rig
- Darrell Peck's Wafter Rig
- Krank Bottom-Bait
- IQ D-Rig
- Elliott Gray's Kontinental Rig
- Mechano Rig
- Pooley's PVA Bag Rig
- Soft Hinge Rig
- The Big Rig
- Braided Bottom Bait Rig
- Muzza Rig
- Mixa Snowman Rig
- Withy Pool Rig
- Chod Rig MkII
- Chod Rig
- Bottom Bait Rig
- KD Rig
- Multi Rig
- Stiff Bottom Bait
- D Rig
- Blowback Rig
- Combi Rig
- Maggot Klip Rig
Withy Pool Rig Mechanics
An aggressive pop-up rig that that can be used in a solid bag, over boilies or particles and maggots.
- Tie The Withy Pool Rig!
- Darrell Peck: The Black Mirror
- Spot On - New Marker Lead explained Danny Fairbrass
- WIN a super-light BLACK SINGLEZ set up.
- Scott Lloyd gives the full story behind his capture of the Burghfield Common!
- Making the most of the new range of Goo’s.
- One of the finest Goo blends created to date! Available Now
- Black & Whites - In focus (Out Now)