THE LSX RIG: STEP 1
First, whip a Longshank X to some unstripped N-Trap Soft, using a whipping knot like the snell, or domhoff.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 2
Now secure the hook in place, using a knotless knot.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 3
Slide a rig ring onto the tag, like this.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 4
Now pop the tag back through the hook eye, trapping the ring and forming a long D.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 5
Slide some shrink tube over the knot, making sure to thread the tag from the D down the tubing too.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 6
Tie a Link Loop to the hook link, using a grinner knot.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 7
Shrink the tube down over a steaming kettle and set this angle into it as it cools.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 8
This is the arrangement you should now have.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 9
Strip the coating from the braid just below the tubing, for about an inch.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 10
Squeeze a split shot onto the tag and trim the excess.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 11
Finally, cover the shot with putty to help balance out your popup hook bait.
THE LSX RIG: STEP 12
This should be the end result!
- Ed Betteridge's IQ2 D-Rig.
- Jamie Londors Multi-Rig
- Joe Stephens's Hinge Stiff Rig
- Over depth zig rig
- Elliott's Hinge Rig
- Darrell's Simple Set-Up
- Spooner's Autumn Rig
- The LSX Rig
- Darrell Peck's Wafter Rig
- Krank Bottom-Bait
- IQ D-Rig
- Elliott Gray's Kontinental Rig
- Mechano Rig
- Pooley's PVA Bag Rig
- Soft Hinge Rig
- The Big Rig
- Braided Bottom Bait Rig
- Muzza Rig
- Mixa Snowman Rig
- Withy Pool Rig
- Chod Rig MkII
- Chod Rig
- Bottom Bait Rig
- KD Rig
- Multi Rig
- Stiff Bottom Bait
- D Rig
- Blowback Rig
- Combi Rig
- Maggot Klip Rig
The LSX Rig Mechanics
This rig makes use of the incredible anti-eject properties of the Longshank X hook, a hook that I’ve used for years for pop-up and bottom-bait fishing. In my opinion
the long shank, slightly inturned eye and straight point really do combine to provide the best ‘flip-and-turn’ hooking mechanics of any hook. By creating a really long D
arrangement, the bait can slide down towards the eye when blown out by the carp, providing awesome separation and helping to hook more fish. Once pricked, it’s then very difficult for a carp to eject this setup.
- Monster Carp Series 4 - Full Trailer WATCH NOW! The latest and greatest series begins 11/07/2019 22590 Views
- Did you know Pecky uses a DEEPER Pro+? Here he is using adjustable zigs to catch angers at Linear! 26604 Views
- Thinking Tackle OD Season 2 Episode 3 TRAILER Danny F and Lawrence East travel to Linear Fisheries 19726 Views
- KAMAKURA - Precision Sharpened Hooks
- Spring fishing with Marc Cav
- Success at Road Lake, France
- Guide to being a #WinterHero
- Korda 24 Christmas Giveaway
- A Proper Look At Black Singlez
- COMPAC Out Now!
- Scott Lloyd Checks In
- KONTOUR Fluorocarbon main line now available in 15lb & 18lb!Korda Europe’s Kevin Diederen is a big fan of our...
- Don't miss the first episode of Monster Carp Season Four!The new season of Monster Carp kicks off with a 90 minute...
- Season four of Monster Carp is coming to a TV near you soon!The wait is finally over, as a brand new series of the hit...