SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 1
These are the bits that you'll need to construct the soft hinge rig.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 2
Peel off ten inches or so of Mouth Trap.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 3
Thread on your hook and form a loop against the shank, like this.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 4
Now whip the tag that projects up towards the bend back along the shank.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 5
Once you've made six turns, tuck the tag back up through the loop, like this.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 6
Moisten, then ease the knot down tight.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 7
Now tie a size-eleven ring swivel onto the link, using a two-turn half-blood knot.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 8
Pop a rig ring onto the tag and tuck through the eye, then blob to form the D.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 9
That's it, the chod section is done. Put a gentle curve in the filament.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 10
Now pull off a few inches of Supernatural braid.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 11
Tie the braid to the ring of the ring swivel, using a grinner knot.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 12
Now ease a Sinker onto the braid, like this.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 13
Setting the hinge at under two inches, tie a second size-eleven ring swivel to the braid.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 14
We recommend trying the link set at about 1.5 inches.
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 15
Mould some Dark Matter putty around the chod swivel eye to balance your hook bait..
SOFT HINGE RIG: STEP 16
There you have it, it's a variation on a fabulous rig that doesn't get used much, so give it a try.
- Ed Betteridge's IQ2 D-Rig.
- Jamie Londors Multi-Rig
- Joe Stephens's Hinge Stiff Rig
- Over depth zig rig
- Elliott's Hinge Rig
- Darrell's Simple Set-Up
- Spooner's Autumn Rig
- The LSX Rig
- Darrell Peck's Wafter Rig
- Krank Bottom-Bait
- IQ D-Rig
- Elliott Gray's Kontinental Rig
- Mechano Rig
- Pooley's PVA Bag Rig
- Soft Hinge Rig
- The Big Rig
- Braided Bottom Bait Rig
- Muzza Rig
- Mixa Snowman Rig
- Withy Pool Rig
- Chod Rig MkII
- Chod Rig
- Bottom Bait Rig
- KD Rig
- Multi Rig
- Stiff Bottom Bait
- D Rig
- Blowback Rig
- Combi Rig
- Maggot Klip Rig
Soft Hinge Rig Mechanics
This chod variant has a supple braided 'boom' that allows for extremely free movement. The soft hinge allows the rig an inch or two of 'play', so that when sucked in it can fly further back into the carp's mouth. This can secure better hook holds and is especially useful when deployed on lakes that have seen overuse of the conventional chod rig.
- New ready tied pop-up rigs revealed! Neil Spooner catches for the cameras with our new rigs! 58702 Views
- The Traveller - Sandhurst Elliott Gray has a hit of carp from CEMEX Sandhurst. 33369 Views
- Multiple Job Opportunities - Embryo Angling | Norton Disney Work on a brand new day-ticket complex 23676 Views
- The Elliott Gray rig in detail
- Why I Love The Hinged Stiff Rig - Darrell Peck
- KAMAKURA - Precision Sharpened Hooks
- Spring fishing with Marc Cav
- Success at Road Lake, France
- Guide to being a #WinterHero
- Korda 24 Christmas Giveaway
- A Proper Look At Black Singlez