MULTI RIG: STEP 1
Ideally you need a hook with an out-turned eye and a coated braid.
MULTI RIG: STEP 2
N-Trap Soft is a great, coated hooklength to tie the rig with.
MULTI RIG: STEP 3
Create a large loop in the material by tying a figure-of-eight knot.
MULTI RIG: STEP 4
Moisten the knot and pull it down tightly using a Korda Pulla.
MULTI RIG: STEP 5
You should be left with a nice loop, like this.
MULTI RIG: STEP 6
Thread the hook onto the loop, like this.
MULTI RIG: STEP 7
Now pop a rig ring onto the loop.
MULTI RIG: STEP 8
Now take the loop over the hook point, like this.
MULTI RIG: STEP 9
Pull the loop down to form a D for the bait to slide on.
MULTI RIG: STEP 10
Make a 5mm break in the coating.
MULTI RIG: STEP 11
Tie your chosen hook bait to the rig ring.
MULTI RIG: STEP 12
Pop a split shot onto the link, just below the break.
MULTI RIG: STEP 13
Now mould some Dark Matter putty around the shot.
MULTI RIG: STEP 14
Now tie your Ring Swivel on using a grinner knot.
MULTI RIG: STEP 15
Moisten the barrel of the knot and ease tight.
MULTI RIG: STEP 16
That's it, the rig is complete.
- Ed Betteridge's IQ2 D-Rig.
- Jamie Londors Multi-Rig
- Joe Stephens's Hinge Stiff Rig
- Over depth zig rig
- Elliott's Hinge Rig
- Darrell's Simple Set-Up
- Spooner's Autumn Rig
- The LSX Rig
- Darrell Peck's Wafter Rig
- Krank Bottom-Bait
- IQ D-Rig
- Elliott Gray's Kontinental Rig
- Mechano Rig
- Pooley's PVA Bag Rig
- Soft Hinge Rig
- The Big Rig
- Braided Bottom Bait Rig
- Muzza Rig
- Mixa Snowman Rig
- Withy Pool Rig
- Chod Rig MkII
- Chod Rig
- Bottom Bait Rig
- KD Rig
- Multi Rig
- Stiff Bottom Bait
- D Rig
- Blowback Rig
- Combi Rig
- Maggot Klip Rig
Multi Rig Mechanics
This fantastic rig allows you to change your hook within seconds. The Multi Rig, also known as the Jon Mac Rig to many, is only suited to fishing pop-ups. It features a D on the shank of the hook of which your pop-up is attached to via dental floss. Take a look at the sequence to learn how to tie this big carp rig.
- My Multi-Rig Conversion - Danny Faribrass
- TackleSafe - Available Now
- Monster Carp Series 2...all you need to know!
- Darrell Peck: The Black Mirror
- Spot On - New Marker Lead explained Danny Fairbrass
- WIN a super-light BLACK SINGLEZ set up.
- Scott Lloyd gives the full story behind his capture of the Burghfield Common!
- Making the most of the new range of Goo’s.