MECHANO RIG: STEP 1
First, double over an eight-inch section of Mouth Trap and blob the ends.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 2
This is how the looped section should look, with tags fused together.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 3
Tie an overhand knot in the end of the loop, forming a 1.5in loop.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 4
Trim the two tags below the overhand knot.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 5
Now blob the tags down so they fuse just under the knot.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 6
Now slide a Micro Ring Swivel onto the loop.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 7
Thread on a Thinking Anglers Hook Bead.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 8
Push it down the Mouth Trap Loop.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 9
Thread another Hook Bead onto your size-six Choddy and pass the hook onto the loop, like this.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 10
Pass the loop over the hook point and onto the back of the shank.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 11
Pull the loop down into position, and bend the Mouth Trap, to form a kicker.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 12
Now thread a Hook Ring Swivel and teardrop stop onto the hook, so it looks like this.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 13
Now for the boom section. You'll need a 12-inch section of 25lb IQ.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 14
Tie the IQ to a Hybrid Lead Clip using a figure-of-eight loop.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 15
The result should be a lovely round loop.
MECHANO RIG: STEP 16
Now tie the other end to the Micro Rig Swivel, using the same figure-of-eight loop and cover the knot with putty.
- Ed Betteridge's IQ2 D-Rig.
- Jamie Londors Multi-Rig
- Joe Stephens's Hinge Stiff Rig
- Over depth zig rig
- Elliott's Hinge Rig
- Darrell's Simple Set-Up
- Spooner's Autumn Rig
- The LSX Rig
- Darrell Peck's Wafter Rig
- Krank Bottom-Bait
- IQ D-Rig
- Elliott Gray's Kontinental Rig
- Mechano Rig
- Pooley's PVA Bag Rig
- Soft Hinge Rig
- The Big Rig
- Braided Bottom Bait Rig
- Muzza Rig
- Mixa Snowman Rig
- Withy Pool Rig
- Chod Rig MkII
- Chod Rig
- Bottom Bait Rig
- KD Rig
- Multi Rig
- Stiff Bottom Bait
- D Rig
- Blowback Rig
- Combi Rig
- Maggot Klip Rig
Mechano Rig Mechanics
Mark Bryant developed this supreme big-fish rig using elements of some of the finest carp rigs of all time. It's an unusual-looking setup, but all the elements have very clearly defined roles, and combine to make this a quick-turning hooker.
First of all, you'll notice that it's predominantly a stiff rig, with an ultra-stiff hook section, and stiff fluorocarbon boom. These elements make the Mechano rig really tough to eject and, once the fish has inhaled the bait, even a slight movement will see the sharp Choddy hook flip and turn, finding hold back in the bottom lip... perfect.
- Monster Carp Series 4 - Full Trailer WATCH NOW! The latest and greatest series begins 11/07/2019 23748 Views
- Did you know Pecky uses a DEEPER Pro+? Here he is using adjustable zigs to catch angers at Linear! 26623 Views
- Thinking Tackle OD Season 2 Episode 3 TRAILER Danny F and Lawrence East travel to Linear Fisheries 19795 Views
- KAMAKURA - Precision Sharpened Hooks
- Spring fishing with Marc Cav
- Success at Road Lake, France
- Guide to being a #WinterHero
- Korda 24 Christmas Giveaway
- A Proper Look At Black Singlez
- COMPAC Out Now!
- Scott Lloyd Checks In
- KONTOUR Fluorocarbon main line now available in 15lb & 18lb!Korda Europe’s Kevin Diederen is a big fan of our...
- Don't miss the first episode of Monster Carp Season Four!The new season of Monster Carp kicks off with a 90 minute...
- Season four of Monster Carp is coming to a TV near you soon!The wait is finally over, as a brand new series of the hit...