COMBI RIG: STEP 1
IQ2 and Supernatural are key components for this rig design.
COMBI RIG: STEP 2
Create a hair in the soft, Supernatural using an overhand loop and slide on your hook bait.
COMBI RIG: STEP 3
Whip on a Wide Gape hook using a knotless knot.
COMBI RIG: STEP 4
Now push 1.5cm of shrink tubing over the eye of the hook, like this.
COMBI RIG: STEP 5
Shrink the tubing down and set this angle into it as it cools.
COMBI RIG: STEP 6
Now grab your IQ and bend the end over into a loop, like this.
COMBI RIG: STEP 7
Thread the braid section through the loop and position it like this, with the tubing close to the loop.
COMBI RIG: STEP 8
Make six turns around both arms of the loop, whipping away from the hook eye.
COMBI RIG: STEP 9
Now make two whips back up towards the hook eye, over the previous whips.
COMBI RIG: STEP 10
Bring the braid back through the loop, the same side as it went in.
COMBI RIG: STEP 11
Moisten the knot and draw the hook and tag away from the loop, tightening the knot.
COMBI RIG: STEP 12
Trim both tags, leaving a neat knot.
COMBI RIG: STEP 13
Cover the knot with a small blob of Dark Matter putty.
COMBI RIG: STEP 14
This how the hook end of your combi link should look.
COMBI RIG: STEP 15
Cut the IQ boom 10 inches from the knot and tie on a Link Loop.
COMBI RIG: STEP 16
That's the combi link sorted. It's an awesome, subtle presentation.
- Maggot Klip Rig
- Combi Rig
- Blowback Rig
- D Rig
- Stiff Bottom Bait
- Multi Rig
- KD Rig
- Bottom Bait Rig
- Chod Rig
- Chod Rig MkII
- Withy Pool Rig
- Mixa Snowman Rig
- Muzza Rig
- Braided Bottom Bait Rig
- The Big Rig
- Soft Hinge Rig
- Pooley's PVA Bag Rig
- Mechano Rig
- Elliott Gray's Kontinental Rig
- IQ D-Rig
- Krank Bottom-Bait
- Darrell Peck's Wafter Rig
Combi Rig Mechanics
The combi rig combines both IQ2 Fluorocarbon and Supernatural braid, giving you the invisibility of the line coupled with the supple, natural-acting braid. It's very versatile in the fact that it can be incorporated into both bottom bait and pop-up presentations. A massive winner in gin-clear waters!
- Canal Carp Fishing - James Armstrong James tackles the carp of the Grand Union Canal. 42728 Views
- Billy Flowers: Practice makes perfect! Billy Flowers explains how the double act are so successful 39004 Views
- Oli Bowles on why the chod is so effective! Thanks to the HeliSafe, chod fishing has got a whole lot better! 9902 Views
- Dave Levy reveals his favourite big-carp rigs!
- Dave Levy's guide to the Heli-Safe system
- Pete Castle reveals his Solidz secrets
- "Braid Changed My Fishing!" Elliott Gray
- Scotty's Stoneacres Diary
- The Elliott Gray rig in detail
- The Apache's Favourite Rig
- The Ultimate Guide to The Goo