CHOD RIG: STEP 1
You'll need these bits to create the perfect chod.
CHOD RIG: STEP 2
Start by stripping off eight inches of Mouth Trap.
CHOD RIG: STEP 3
Thread a Choddy hook onto your Mouth Trap section.
CHOD RIG: STEP 4
Begin to whip the knotless knot, away from the eye closure.
CHOD RIG: STEP 5
Finish up the knotless knot.
CHOD RIG: STEP 6
Pop a rig ring onto the tag that projects up from the knot.
CHOD RIG: STEP 7
Slide a small rig ring onto the tag, then poke the tag through the eye and trim off the excess.
CHOD RIG: STEP 8
Blob the tag end to secure the D rig arrangement.
CHOD RIG: STEP 9
Use the tapered end of a Chod-It tool to create a teardrop-shaped D.
CHOD RIG: STEP 10
Your chod rig should now be looking like this.
CHOD RIG: STEP 11
Now tie a size-11 ring swivel onto the other end using a two-turn blood knot.
CHOD RIG: STEP 12
Straighten the link between two Chod-It tools.
CHOD RIG: STEP 13
Snip off the tag from the swivel not and blob this too.
CHOD RIG: STEP 14
Mould some Dark Matter putty around the top eye of the swivel.
CHOD RIG: STEP 15
Tie your chosen pop-up onto the rig ring and blob the floss tags.
CHOD RIG: STEP 16
That's the chod rig tied.
- Maggot Klip Rig
- Combi Rig
- Blowback Rig
- D Rig
- Stiff Bottom Bait
- Multi Rig
- KD Rig
- Bottom Bait Rig
- Chod Rig
- Chod Rig MkII
- Withy Pool Rig
- Mixa Snowman Rig
- Muzza Rig
- Braided Bottom Bait Rig
- The Big Rig
- Soft Hinge Rig
- Pooley's PVA Bag Rig
- Mechano Rig
- Elliott Gray's Kontinental Rig
- IQ D-Rig
- Krank Bottom-Bait
- Darrell Peck's Wafter Rig
- The LSX Rig
- Spooner's Autumn Rig
- Darrell's Simple Set-Up
- Elliott's Hinge Rig
- Over depth zig rig
Chod Rig Mechanics
The Chod Rig must be the rig of the century. It has accounted for countless numbers of monstrous carp including The Burghfield Common, Heather The Leather and many, many more. Anglers such as Terry Hearn, Nick Helleur and Jim Shelley never go without a chod so you know it's a winner. Learn how to tie it now...
- The new ChodSafe is revealed...
- Dave Levy reveals his favourite big-carp rigs!
- Why I Use The Naked Chod - Oli Bowles
- Learn to tie the Naked Chod rig
- Chod-Rig Tips - Phil Buckley
- The Anti-Eject Chod Rig - Mark Bryant
- Jack Reid's Park Lake Pointers
- Are Yours Sharp Enough?
- Simon Kenny Bags a Last-Gasp Brute...This season I've been making the 200-mile round trip from...
- New Chod-Safe, Mini Rig-Safe and XX hooks in shops now!A raft of new Korda products hit the shelves this week with...
- Well Known Actor Banks A 'Stow Chunk Scott Maslen has been on fire recently, fishing at his...