CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 1
These are the bits that you'll need to tie the MkII chod.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 2
Pull off eight inches of Mouth Trap.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 3
Slide on a size-six Choddy, like this.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 4
Start to tie the knotless knot, wrapping away from the eye closure.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 5
Finish off the knotless knot by whipping up the shank.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 6
Slide a small rig ring onto the tag from the knotless knot.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 7
Slide the knot tag through the hook eye and snip off at this point.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 8
Now blob the tag end to secure the D-rig.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 9
That completes the chod section of the rig.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 10
Tie a size-11 ring swivel to the chod section, using a two-turn blood knot.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 11
Tie an six-inch section of Mouth Trap to the ring of the ring swivel with another two-turn blood knot.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 12
This is how the ring-swivel assembly should now look.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 13
Setting the length at 1.5 inches, tie the boom section to the top eye of another size-11 ring swivel.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 14
Now mould putty around the top eye of the ring swivel that is attached to the chod section.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 15
This is how the hinge section works, sitting at right angles to the chod section.
CHOD RIG MKII: STEP 16
That's the finished rig. It has much more 'play' in it than a normal chod.
- Ed Betteridge's IQ2 D-Rig.
- Jamie Londors Multi-Rig
- Joe Stephens's Hinge Stiff Rig
- Over depth zig rig
- Elliott's Hinge Rig
- Darrell's Simple Set-Up
- Spooner's Autumn Rig
- The LSX Rig
- Darrell Peck's Wafter Rig
- Krank Bottom-Bait
- IQ D-Rig
- Elliott Gray's Kontinental Rig
- Mechano Rig
- Pooley's PVA Bag Rig
- Soft Hinge Rig
- The Big Rig
- Braided Bottom Bait Rig
- Muzza Rig
- Mixa Snowman Rig
- Withy Pool Rig
- Chod Rig MkII
- Chod Rig
- Bottom Bait Rig
- KD Rig
- Multi Rig
- Stiff Bottom Bait
- D Rig
- Blowback Rig
- Combi Rig
- Maggot Klip Rig
Chod Rig MkII Mechanics
- The new ChodSafe is revealed...
- Dave Levy reveals his favourite big-carp rigs!
- Spring fishing with Marc Cav
- MKII Stows explained!
- Why I Use The Naked Chod - Oli Bowles
- Learn to tie the Naked Chod rig
- Chod-Rig Tips - Phil Buckley
- The Anti-Eject Chod Rig - Mark Bryant
- Simon Kenny Bags a Last-Gasp Brute...This season I've been making the 200-mile round trip from...
- New Chod-Safe, Mini Rig-Safe and XX hooks in shops now!A raft of new Korda products hit the shelves this week with...
- Well Known Actor Banks A 'Stow Chunk Scott Maslen has been on fire recently, fishing at his...