BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 1
Use a coated braid and a Wide Gape hook. Putty is essential.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 2
Strip back the Hybrid's coating using a Strippa Tool.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 3
Form a hair in the supple section and tighten with a Pulla.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 4
Slide a small section of Silicone Tubing down the hook link.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 5
Thread a bottom bait onto the hair and fix in place with a stop.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 6
Carefully nick the hook point through the tubing.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 7
Now slide the tubing around the bend and measure your hair.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 8
Whip the hook on using the ever-faithful knotless knot.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 9
Place a section of shrink tubing over the eye of the hook.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 10
Steam the shrink tubing over a hot kettle. It will shrink down.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 11
It will now appear neat and tidy.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 12
Now attach a Link Loop using a grinner knot.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 13
Wet it and pull it down tightly using a Pulla.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 14
To straighten the material, hold over steam via two pulla's.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 15
Roll on a large section of putty an inch or so away from the hook.
BOTTOM BAIT RIG: STEP 16
The final presentation in all its glory - sorted!
- Maggot Klip Rig
- Combi Rig
- Blowback Rig
- D Rig
- Stiff Bottom Bait
- Multi Rig
- KD Rig
- Bottom Bait Rig
- Chod Rig
- Chod Rig MkII
- Withy Pool Rig
- Mixa Snowman Rig
- Muzza Rig
- Braided Bottom Bait Rig
- The Big Rig
- Soft Hinge Rig
- Pooley's PVA Bag Rig
- Mechano Rig
- Elliott Gray's Kontinental Rig
- IQ D-Rig
- Krank Bottom-Bait
- Darrell Peck's Wafter Rig
Bottom Bait Rig Mechanics
This rig is very versatile and ideally suited to you bottom-bait fanatics. Top anglers such as Adam Penning and Simon Scott swear by this presentation. They feel that with the 'claw' shape of the hook in conjunction with the heavy piece of tungsten putty it's the ultimate in hooking ability. As the hook flips and catches inside the mouth, the putty pulls the point downwards - the result is a solid hook hold.
- Elliott Gray’s cunning bottom bait rig
- Oz On Bait - Oz Holness
- The Ultimate Winter Bait? - Pete Castle
- The Ultimate Guide to The Goo
- Elliott Gray on Singles
- Dove On Bait - Tom Dove
- New Korda zig kit revealed!
- All you need to know about the Singlez system!
- Gigantica Kicks Off!Gigantica has well and truly sprung into action in recent...
- Bottom Bait Fools Big Mirror - Pete CastleHaving not wet a line since Christmas, Pete Castle was...
- Scott Sweetman lands a Yateley original on an overnight session!Following the capture of a carp that he had spent the last...