THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 1
This is Ian's bag rig, you can learn to tie it over in the Rigs section on this page!
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 2
He starts by adding a few pellets to the bottom of the bag.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 3
Next, he puts his hook bait down into one corner, and nicks the hook point through the bag, like this.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 4
Now, being careful to lay the link in without tangling it, he holds the lead in the neck of the bag.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 5
Now he fills the bag up with pellets, like this.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 6
He adds a few crumbed boilies to the bag; they're more like the size of a hook bait.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 7
Note how he's positioned the lead central to the bag, in among the bait.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 8
He now adds some liquid attractant, in this case, hemp oil.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 9
Now Ian twists the neck of the bag, tightening it down.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 10
Once tight, he ties it off with Kwik Melt PVA tape.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 11
He pushes in the corners of the bag, to create little flaps, that hold no bait.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 12
He moistens each flap with saliva and sticks it to the underside of the bag.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 13
Now, he trims off the excess PVA around the neck of the bag.
THE IAN POOLE SOLID BAG: STEP 14
There you go, now you can tie a bag like Pooley!
The Ian Poole solid bag Mechanics
Pooley is one of the UK's foremost PVA bag anglers (there's a whole lot more to his angling too!), and he's been making them for decades! Like so many others, he perfected the art on the famous Horseshoe Lake and has taken waters apart ever since on them.
His attention to detail allows him to make consistently excellent bags, which fly for miles and present his rig perfectly every time. Here's how he does it.
- Ian Poole: Memorable Capture Ian Poole reflects on his time on Whelford Pools Syndicate lake. 25710 Views
- A new addition to the Solid Bag family! Jamie Londors thinks it is the best aproach going... 39865 Views
- Double Trouble at St Johns! Billy and Jamie talk about their big hits at St Johns! 48556 Views
- Ian Poole's Campaign
- KAMAKURA - Precision Sharpened Hooks
- Spring fishing with Marc Cav
- Success at Road Lake, France
- Guide to being a #WinterHero
- Korda 24 Christmas Giveaway
- A Proper Look At Black Singlez
- COMPAC Out Now!