SOLID BAGGING: STEP 1
Brad prefers to use a short, braided rig and drop-off inline lead for his solid bagging.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 2
He starts by adding a few pellets to the bottom of the bag.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 3
Now he pops the hook bait down onto the layer of pellets.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 4
Next, he fills the bag and drops the lead into the top.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 5
Gripping the neck of the bag tightly, Brad taps it against his hand to compress the pellets.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 6
Now he adds a few more pellets to the top of the bag, leaving enough neck to tie the bag off.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 7
Around an inch of unfilled bag is right.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 8
Holding the neck of the bag tightly, Brad twists the body, which twists the neck against the leader.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 9
Keeping hold of the twisted section, Brad now ties it off with Kwik Melt PVA tape.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 10
A few overhand knots will hold it.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 11
Once tied, Brad trims the neck and tape tags for a neat finish.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 12
Now, he compresses the corners of the bag, pinching the PVA into little flaps, like this.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 13
Now he licks and sticks the flaps down, giving the base of the bag a rounded profile.
SOLID BAGGING: STEP 14
The finished bag will cast an awfully long way.
Solid Bagging Mechanics
There are few more explosive ways to fish than with a solid bags - get it right and the results can be instant. Encasing your rig in a bag, with just enough bait around it to entice a wary carp into feeding, gives simply unique and effective presentation.
Tying them correctly can mean the difference between harnessing the carp-catching powers of the Solidz, or falling short of their potential. So, we asked prolific carp catcher Brad Greening to tie one up for us, so you can follow the sequence.
- A new addition to the Solid Bag family! Jamie Londors thinks it is the best aproach going... 38909 Views
- Double Trouble at St Johns! Billy and Jamie talk about their big hits at St Johns! 47473 Views
- Underwater 8 - Available Online FREE 09|08|18 New methods are tested; solid bags and pop-ups are used for the 14047 Views
- Bagging with Bygrave - Alexei Bygrave
- KAMAKURA - Precision Sharpened Hooks
- Spring fishing with Marc Cav
- Success at Road Lake, France
- Guide to being a #WinterHero
- Korda 24 Christmas Giveaway
- A Proper Look At Black Singlez
- COMPAC Out Now!