BALANCE A POP-UP: STEP 1
You will need a bait drill, your pop-up, some small shot and putty.
BALANCE A POP-UP: STEP 2
Drill a few millimetres into the bait.
BALANCE A POP-UP: STEP 3
Add a shot to the hair and pull the bait on so that the shot sits in the hole.
BALANCE A POP-UP: STEP 4
Now fix the bait in place using a hair stop.
BALANCE A POP-UP: STEP 5
Plug the bait with putty, then check its buoyancy in the edge.
BALANCE A POP-UP: STEP 6
Once balanced to your requirements, the rig is ready to be cast out.
Balance a Pop-Up Mechanics
Here's a neat trick to help you balance your pop-ups, courtesy of Darrell Peck. It allows you to fish your favourite high-attract pop-ups as a bottom bait, while retaining a degree of buoyancy to help with presentation.
- Why Balance Your Baits - Darrell Peck
- KAMAKURA - Precision Sharpened Hooks
- Spring fishing with Marc Cav
- Success at Road Lake, France
- Guide to being a #WinterHero
- Korda 24 Christmas Giveaway
- A Proper Look At Black Singlez
- COMPAC Out Now!