Dark Matter Rigs
A lot of thought has gone into this set-up, with Korda’s Neil Spooner having used it for years to perfect it, and it is his ‘take anywhere rig’ that he has used to great effect to land carp of all different sizes!
The Wide Gape hook pattern is incredible in terms of it’s hooking potential anyway, but has been enhanced even more by the addition of a short length of shrink tube that helps to make the hook turn even more aggressively when in a carp’s mouth, and a small piece of silicon tubing on the shank of the hook ensures the hair comes off at the optimum point.
The rig comes supplied with free extender hair stops, meaning that it is compatible with all different sized baits, and allows you to effectively change the length of the hair and separation between your bait and hook simply by using a different type of bait stop.
It is tied on Dark Matter braid which is heavy and sinks incredibly well, meaning that it hugs the contours of the lake bed – although being a braid it can help avoid any chance of a tangle if you add a PVA bag or stringer when you cast out.
Different breaking strains of Dark Matter braid have been chosen to make them suitable for the size of hook – with size 8 and size 10 rigs coming on 15lb breaking strain; size 4 and size 6 are on 20lb; and size 2 on 30lb.
All of the hook sizes come in a choice of barbed or barbless, and the other end of the hook link is finished with a size 8 swivel attached loop style, and this means that it will fit all the popular lead arrangements, and can also be used on the Kwik Link or QC Swivel.
- New ready tied pop-up rigs revealed! Neil Spooner catches for the cameras with our new rigs! 58574 Views
- Perfect Pop-Up Presentation Struggling with pop-up rigs? Here's Dan's absolute faves! 69959 Views
- Simon Scott's Favourite Carp Rig Mark Bryant picks Scotty's brains on bottom-bait rigs. 99918 Views
- Dave Levy reveals his favourite big-carp rigs!
- Billy and Jamie - Live!
- Elliott's Gray reveals one his favourite rigs...
- Why Balance Your Baits - Darrell Peck
- The Long Rig - Myles Gibson
- Why I Love The Hinged Stiff Rig - Darrell Peck
- Elliott Gray’s cunning bottom bait rig
- Improve Your Rigs