The Wide Gape hook has become a true design classic, and has accounted for more big carp than any other pattern. It was based on the cult Maruta Kinryu pattern that found favour with the likes of Terry Hearn in the 1990s. The five-degree in-turned eye, short shank, heavily forged bend and beaked point combine to give anglers a hooked-to-landed ratio far in excess of anything else that's achievable.
It can be used for pop-up and bottom-bait presentations and is the hook to opt for when fishing for the very biggest and trickiest carp around.
KWG1 - size 1 KWG8 - size 8
KWG2 - size 2 KWG10 - size 10
KWG4 - size 4 KWG12 – size 12
KWG6 - size 6
- Tie The Withy Pool Rig!
- KAMAKURA - Precision Sharpened Hooks
- Elliott Gray’s cunning bottom bait rig
- Spring fishing with Marc Cav
- Success at Road Lake, France
- Guide to being a #WinterHero
- Korda 24 Christmas Giveaway
- A Proper Look At Black Singlez